Please review the entire Policy. By using the Site or otherwise interacting with us, you consent to the collection, use, transfer and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use our Site.
For the purpose of this Policy, “personal information” means any information that relates directly or indirectly to an identifiable individual, such as demographic, financial information and personal contact information. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, business phone number or business email address.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following personal information provided to us:
- Registration/Subscription: by enquiring about or applying for a subscription, completing forms or surveys on our Site, including information provided at the time of registering to attend our webinars, conferences or events, requesting information or materials, subscribing to receive reports, newsletters, updates, and other communications, such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- User Contributions: by posting or sharing through the subscriber portal on the Site, on our blogs, newsletters, Linked In page, or webinars;
- Support: by contacting us for subscription or support, including your name, contact information, your specific requests or feedback, and the contents of your message;
- Research: for research or statistical analysis for Institute clients as part of our services;
- Billing: by purchasing our subscription or services, including payment and banking details.
How We Use Personal Information
Information collected by Financial Resilience Institute will be used for the following purposes:
- to create, process and maintain your subscription;
- to process, fulfill, and follow-up on your attendance at webinars, conferences or events;
- to answer your questions;
- to send you newsletters, updates, resources and other communications that you have requested;
- to provide you with notices about your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and exercise our rights arising from any contract with you, including for billing and collection;
- to deliver services you requested;
- to present our Site and its contents to you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site;
- to notify you about changes to our Site, or the services or resources we offer;
- to improve our Site, resources or services, visitor/user relationships and experiences;
- for research and statistical analysis;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent; and
- as permitted or required by law.
Transferring or Disclosing Personal Information to Third Parties
We may transfer or disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to fulfill the mission of Financial Resilience Institute to provide financial resilience thought-leadership with research, impact measurement and by fostering debate and cross-sector collaboration;
- to provide the services requested by you and for other purposes that we informed you of at the time of collection;
- to enable you to participate and comment on our bulletin boards, blog, and chat rooms;
- to send out newsletters or other communications;
- to contractors and service providers we use to support our operations (such as analytics that assist us with our Site improvement and optimization; or event planning and facilitation; and mail fulfillment);
- to financial institutions to process payments;
- in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Institute’s assets, in which personal information held by the Institute about our users is among the assets transferred;
- to comply with applicable laws or valid legal processes;
- to protect Financial Resilience Institute’s legal rights; and
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
User Contributions on Public Forums
In furtherance of Financial Resilience Institute’s mission and impact to provide financial resilience thought-leadership with research, impact measurement and by fostering debate and cross-sector collaboration, we may use or disclose information such as, client or partner testimonials or other comments from our blogs, or other postings on our Site or Financial Resilience Institute’s LinkedIn account. Any personal information you choose to submit or post to be published or displayed in such a forum (your “User Contributions”) may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums. By submitting or posting your User Contributions, you agree that they may be accessed, printed, displayed, downloaded, and distributed for personal, educational, news reporting, or other purposes set out under this Policy.
Financial Resilience Institute is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. We cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Individual Financial Resilience Score
The Institute website will host a short Index survey, which is a tool that generates an automatic free financial resilience score to help individual users to understand and check their financial resilience score at any point in time, based on the proprietary Financial Resilience Index model. This is completely voluntary. All information is collected on an anonymous basis, meaning it cannot be associated with you. We reserve the right to use the anonymous information collected through our Index for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research or statistical purposes.
Withdrawing Consent & Opt-Out
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com.
User Contributions: If you wish to delete your User Contributions from the Site, please contact us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for copies of your User Contributions that may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or downloaded by other Site users.
Unsubscribe: You may unsubscribe from our newsletters or opt-out of contact for marketing purposes or other purposes on an ongoing basis by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails, or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Accuracy, Access and Correction of Personal Information
We rely on you to keep us informed if your personal information has changed.
You may request to modify, correct or access the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us via the mailing address listed below or email (to email@example.com). We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We may charge you a fee to access your personal information, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance.
Security and Protection of Personal Information
We will take steps to protect personal information with safeguards appropriate to the level of sensitivity of the personal information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Any transmission is at your own risk.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Under some circumstances we may anonymize or de-identify your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified information for any legitimate operational purpose without further notice to you.
Amendments to Policy
Financial Resilience Institute reserves the right to update or change this Policy at any time by posting the new or revised Policy on the Site with the date of any such revision set out above as notice that the Policy has been updated. You are responsible for periodically visiting our Site and this Policy to check for any changes.
How to Contact Us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the following address:
Financial Resilience Society
883 Heritage Boulevard, North Vancouver, B.C. V7J 3G6